Tuesday, April 27, 2010

5 Things I Know I Should Do, But Never Do

1. Smile.
I never Smile, When I do, I feel like a goof. And I never smile at the things I should smile at. Because usually, I don't want to smile, because the things that everyone is smiling at, are usually the things I want to break, like relationships with a boy I love, or my cousin leaving home, or getting merit on a test. Yes I'm rather a mediocre.

2. Be Outgoing.
I am a very shy person, and find it really hard to open up to people, let alone start a general conversation. I think it goes hand in hand with self image. I'm me, and I would rather people would make an effort rather than for me to make and effort. I need to change that to 50-50.

3. Worry Less About the small Things and the what ifs.
I worry about the tiniest things, like a pen, or if someone borrows my scarf and the tag is on the wrong way. I have insane temper mood swings, that don't benefit anyone, and I just worry about the world and all the blades of grass, I focus too much on the what ifs. What if this. What if that. What if nothing. You had your chance Emily, It's gone.

4. Make My Glass Half Full.
I approach everything as though I have already failed, or am going to fail and I can never see the best solution. And I see life as something I have to conquer, rather than travel through. I need to learn to take the road. Travel it all.

5. Don't always be a shoulder to lean on when you're the one that needs to lean.
Because sometimes when I hurt, I just need a shoulder to lean on too. And you are who I need what I need, and even though I am your shoulder most of the time, sometimes I just want you to be there for me. Just sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment